Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Best Device -hands down!

I cannot say enough about the VTech Baby monitor.  While we are not using it for its intended purpose it has saved Katie's butt and mine quite a few times.

This is the same thing that Zurg (Lynda) suggested to me months ago.  With the flood in the basement and the fact that Katie lived up on the top floor of our house...we hadn't needed to buy this for a long time.  But we *finally* finished her bedroom about 2-3 weeks ago...and I finally got around to buying a monitor.  Katie was going to just get one at the store on her way home one day and for some reason I was like..nah let me look into it.  This monitor ROCKS.  It has levels of volume and I can even adjust the sensitivity but it honest does NOT pick up anything other than her calling out to me.  I don't hear snoring (the dog's) or much else.  I do hear her tv if it's up loud but that isn't on all night.  What this monitor has done has allowed her to be in the basement and away from us and enables us to hear her if she needs help.  There is no way she could ever yell loud enough for me to hear her two floors away.  Just not gonna happen.  She got very ill one night vomiting and couldn't get up to get her Dexcom to check her numbers and I could hear her faintly calling to me.  I was able to press a button to talk back to her and get up to check on her.  INVALUABLE.  Also..for some reason (because she's a teenager? ) she does NOT hear her Dexcom when the alarm is going off.  I mean not at all.  So she puts the receiver by the monitor and I hear it no problem.  I don't have to get up and check it (when she was up near us in the room next door I never heard the damn thing but I can with the monitor).  And I can just press that talk button to talk to her.  Brilliant idea and I so appreciate this device!  And there is no static..it is so not your baby monitor from when our kids were babies!!!!

Finally I'll try and leave you with a photo of Katie's room all done.  The black paint is actually chalkboard paint and she chose all the colors and bedding herself.  So much fun to put together for her!




No comments:

Post a Comment